2017 Dates: Week 1: June 25 – July 2, 2017 Week 2: August 6 – August 13, 2017
Interested in signing up a camper or sponsoring a camper? Email Sherri at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
Friends of the Upper Delaware River (FUDR) and the Bill Canfield Fly Fishing School partner on a great summer camp program in Hancock, NY that teaches kids (ages 12-17) about the sport of fly fishing and the importance of river conservation.
Camp participants learn how to gear up before getting on the water, fly casting, fly tying, basic entomology and river ecology. With a little luck, our campers also learn how to handle and release fish after they are caught in one of the local ponds or on the river! All of these skills are taught by some of the very best nationally known guides and anglers on the Delaware River.
By the time our kids leave the camp, they are versed in the basic elements of fly fishing and have gained a new appreciation for the value of protecting our fragile natural resources. This single experience will very likely trigger a lifelong passion for angling adventure and a commitment to sound conservation practices.
The program takes place in Hancock, NY in the headwaters of the magnificent Upper Delaware River in the scenic Catskill Mountains at the fabulous French Woods Sports and Arts Center summer camp and have access to all of the amenities of this beautiful facility (see www.fwsportsarts.com).
Interested in sponsoring a camper? Your sponsorship will help supplement core funding from the Canfield family:
- Ensure underprivileged kids in the upper Delaware River region will have an opportunity to attend a full, week-long camp session
- Support our professional staff, help procure top notch fly tying materials and fly fishing gear
- Ensure that each student goes home fully equipped with a high quality fly rod outfit and a fly tying kit
- Support the work of Friends of the Upper Delaware River (FUDR), the leading voice for river protection and restoration in the upper Delaware watershed
- Help cultivate the next generation of fly fishers and instill in them a river stewardship ethic that will last a lifetime!
Email Sherri at email@example.com to be a sponsor!