Friends of the Upper Delaware River is your Voice for the River
Friends of the Upper Delaware River (FUDR) is the only professionally staffed organization in the UDR watershed working every day to protect and restore this magnificent cold water ecosystem.
FUDR understands that protecting the river must include engaging communities and people, revitalizing local economies, and building strong coalitions at the local, regional, and national level.
A Snapshot: Friends of the Upper Delaware River
- Incorporated in 2004 as a 501(c) 3 non-profit organization based in Hancock, NY
- Primary focus on improving NYC Delaware River basin reservoir water releases and tributary protection/restoration
- Steering Committee member of Coalition for the Delaware River Watershed and America’s Great Waters Coalition
- River protection advocates at local, state, and national levels
- Funded by foundation grants, major donor contributions, membership dues, annual One-Bug™ fundraiser
Protecting the Upper Delaware River…we’ve got it covered!
- Build/lead diverse coalitions to strengthen our advocacy voice
- Ensure sustainable river flows and healthy aquatic habitat
- Connect river health with economic vitality
- Protection and management of waterways for multiple public benefits
- Cultivate the next generation of stream stewards
- Organize annual river clean-ups
- Engage in on-the-ground stream restoration projects
FUDR MISSION STATEMENT
To protect, preserve and enhance the cold-water ecosystem of the Upper Delaware River Watershed and to address any environmental threats to our area for the benefit of local communities, residents and visitors to the region.